The Grande Prairie & District SPCA is currently seeking Volunteers to help fill some of the support positions at the shelter. As a not-for-profit organization we find ourselves looking to Volunteers as an IMPORTANT part of the successful operation of our facility and programs.
If you want to make a difference in the lives of the animals in our care, we NEED and WANT your help. Whether you are comfortable around animals or not, we have a job for you. May you volunteer weekly or only once or twice a year, we appreciate whatever spare time you are able to commit!
Volunteering is great for people of all ages. It is an excellent opportunity to get work experience, socialize and meet new people while helping a worth while organization. May you be a college student, stay at home mom, semi-retired or retired person who wants to get out and about for a few hours a week, we need your expertise and your help.
INTERESTED IN WORKING WITH ANIMALS?
We currently need volunteers for our Walk and Groom program. To volunteer you must fill out a volunteer application (please see our "Applications" menu under About Us for an application form or click here) and then come to our next Volunteer Orientation. This is where you learn how to work with our SPCA animals.
OTHER WAYS TO HELP THE SPCA ANIMALS
Working with the Grande Prairie & District SPCA animals is rewarding, but we are in desperate need for volunteers to help in other ways. By volunteering for one of the following programs you can help us take care of our SPCA animals:
- Foster Program
- Summer Camp Program
- Shelter Workers
- Committee & Fundraising Members
- Special Events (includes events such as our Academy Awards Charity Gala, Howling Halloween Party, Golf Tournaments, etc. Please see list below for specifics)
- Calendar & Christmas Ornament Sales
- Bingos & Casinos
- Computer Office Workers
- Events Committee Volunteers We would love any volunteers who would like to help organize different fundraisers. We host a few events a year which we would like to have volunteers who are willing to commit to helping organize our three main events: 1) Academy Awards Charity Gala [Feb.] 2) Howling Halloween Party [Oct. 31] 3) Pets In The Park [mid June] Generally we have monthly/weekly meetings for event planning close to the event dates (one or two months prior).
- Office Worker Volunteers. We are needing a volunteer(s) who is over 16 yrs old who is comfortable with entering data into our database. Training for this position is during the week but once you are trained you can do this any time we are open.
QUESTIONS ABOUT VOLUNTEERING?
Grande Prairie & District SPCA
Ph: (780) 538-4030 Ext. 109