Attention: farm, acreage, and shop owners!
Our SPCA currently has an abundance of cats who are less than thrilled with life on the inside. Could you take in a Farm Friend or two?
Farm Friends are cats who prefer to live life a little wilder. They don't want to sit in the lap of luxury; they enjoy the outdoors, chasing mice, and hunkering down in a cozy barn where supper waits. These kitties are vaccinated and spayed/neutered, and they are available by donation!
The Grande Prairie & District S.P.C.A. is seeking a motivated, energetic, and result driven individual to develop our fundraising initiatives while promoting organizational sustainability.
The Fund Development Coordinator is responsible for identifying and qualifying prospective donors, cultivating positive relationships, as well as creating/maintaining corporate sponsorship programs. This dynamic role requires strong stewardship qualities with a continued passion for building internal and external relationships. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, you are required to provide solid reporting capabilities and logistics management regarding programming and special events.
- Manage a portfolio of fundraising initiatives and implement innovative strategies to raise funds for GPSPCA’s key priorities.
- Prepare and deliver accurate high quality proposals, presentations, and grant applications.
- Cultivate, support, and manage leadership volunteers assigned to the development process through effective communication and advanced interpersonal skills.
- Coordinate targeted advertising, sales, and marketing outlets to communicate the GPSPCA’s services to the local community and increase sponsorship of events.
- Effectively engage donors of all levels, recognizing and championing the value and potential of stakeholders; and meet with potential sponsors to educate them about GPSPCA’s fundraising programs and special events.
- Provide effective public relations and communication correlations to the community, volunteers, as well as to existing and potential sponsors/donors.
- Advise and assist in the development of an organizational-wide fundraising strategy, plan and budget – including effective strategies for raising funds.
- Three to five years of experience in sales, sponsorship and/or major gifts fundraising.
- Post-secondary education in business, marketing, communications or related field.
- Proven track-record in fundraising with experience in non-profit sector.
- Valid driver’s license and own vehicle.
- Ability to travel and to conduct evening and weekend work is expected.
- Understanding of Canada Revenue Agency guidelines for tax receipting of charitable gifts.
- Strong capabilities in analysis reporting, proposal writing, and grant applications.
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) designation and member in good standing of Association of Fundraising Professionals would be considered an asset.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
SALARY: To commensurate with education and experience
CLOSING DATE: Until suitable candidate is found
TO APPLY: Please respond with resume and cover letter to:
(or fax to: 780-532-7275)
By joining our dedicated team, you will experience the gratification of knowing your work impacts the well-being of domestic pets and people, both directly and indirectly
|POST-GALA PRESS RELEASE
SPCA thrilled to announce the success of the Smash & Sons SPCA Charity Gala!
The generosity of the Grande Prairie community has once again come through for companion animals in need.
On February 22nd, the SPCA’s 11th annual Charity Gala brought in more than $150,000 from sponsorships, ticket sales, silent and live auction bids, and more. The funds raised from the event top its 2012 record by approximately 50%, easily making this year’s Gala the organization’s most successful fundraising endeavour in its 30-year history.
“Our financial goal this year was to achieve a net income of $100,000,” says Heidi Arbeau-Wood, Fund Development Coordinator for Grande Prairie & District SPCA. “We added several new components to the Smash & Sons SPCA Charity Gala to encourage increased interest from potential supporters and guests, and it definitely paid off. Even with a larger budget required to make everything happen, we have exceeded our goal by approximately $15,000 and we’re thrilled with the positive feedback we have received.”
Strategic planning for the SPCA’s largest annual event this year led to the addition of innovative recognition opportunities for sponsors, including logos featured on free-standing banners, carved into ice, and printed on menus, as well as the rebranding of the event title. Entertaining new pieces added to the 2014 Gala included a 16-foot martini ice bar, a jewellery raffle with odds of one in seven, and the creation of a large canvas painting throughout the evening.
“We are indebted to so many individuals and businesses for making this important event such a phenomenal success,” says Arbeau-Wood. “Our SPCA relies on community support to protect and care for the some of the most vulnerable beings in our society. Finding these animals loving forever homes is achieving happily ever after - our 2014 Gala theme - for them. At the end of the day, this is why we’re here, and this is what our supporters make possible.”
|Adopt & Shop
One-stop pet shopping is available at our SPCA! When you adopt one of our amazing animals, be sure to check out our catalogue - you can order your food dishes, leashes and collars, pet apparel, toys and treats, grooming supplies, and so much more... and receive 10% off your order when you adopt! Orders take only about a week to arrive.
Our Mission- Saving Lives Until a Forever Home is Found
Our Vision- To Create a World in Which all Animals are Free from Pain and Suffering
Click here to learn more about Grande Prairie & District SPCA